1. Do I need to pre-register or sign-up for classes?
No it’s not necessary to sign-up or pre-register for classes at the Yoga Mandiram. However, we suggest that all our students arrive several minutes prior to the beginning of class to get situated.
2. What type of clothing and equipment do I need?
Students should wear light and comfortably loose clothing. Shoes are not allowed in the classroom. We encourage everyone to bring their own yoga mat although there are free mats available. Water and towels are also encouraged. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, lotions or oils.
3. Are beginners welcome?
All levels are welcome at the Yoga Mandiram.
4. Is the Yoga Mandiram open at all times?
No, doors of the Yoga Mandiram are open 15-minutes prior to the beginning of every class.
5. Does the Yoga Mandiram have dressing rooms?
A dressing room and bathroom facilities are available at the Yoga Mandiram. Shelves are also available to place small personal items.
6. What style of yoga is offered at the Yoga Mandiram?
Yoga Mandiram is the only type of yoga taught at our studio. On occasion, we host guest instructors of varied practices. Please see our newsletter for the latest schedule updates.
7. What are the spiritual and meditative components of Yoga Mandiram classes?
Although Yoga Mandiram classes are non-sectarian, there are spiritual and meditative elements to every class. Each class begins with meditation and ends with a choice of restorative posturing, meditation, savasana or a combination. Building a strong meditative foundation is the essence of our teachings at the Yoga Mandiram.
8. Is it okay to leave class early?
Yes, it is, however we strongly encourage students to lie down in savasana prior to their departure as it is an integral part of ending one’s yoga practice.
9. Is parking readily available?
Yes, on street parking is readily available in front of the studio or in the parking lot on the north end of the building .
10. Are private sessions available?
Yes, private sessions are available. Please contact Dennis Dean for more information. Privates with Dennis