Nourishing, High Antioxidant, Vibrant Breakfast Rasayana (Elixir)
Rasayana is a Sanskrit word with the literal meaning: Path (ayana) of the Juice (rasa), or Elixir (vitae). It can include any of a group of herbal remedies with antioxidant properties used in Ayurveda to promote health, provide defense against disease, promote longevity and rejuvenation.
This delicious rasayana created by Yoga Mandiram’s very own Jutta Hecht, is easy to make and packed with everything you’ll need to start your day off right.
Soak overnight in 8 oz of water and put everything in the morning in the blender:
- 1 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds or walnuts (maybe alternate)
- 1 tablespoon raisins or 2-3 dried figs or apricots (without sulfur)
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon of dried Goji Berries
Add the following to the blender with above ingredients and blend for a few minutes till smooth:
- 1 Banana
- 3 Strawberries, or half a pear or apple, or any other fruit you like
- 1-2 teaspoons Bee Pollen
- 1 teaspoon Maca Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Brahmi Powder
- 1 dropper Ayur Mins (2 squirts)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
Optional: add more water, if you like it more liquid or other fruit juices: pomegranate, grape, apple
Optional: If you need a bit more substance in this, you can add 1 teaspoon of sunflower butter or cashew butter (avoid peanut and almond butter)
If you like it a bit sweeter add ½ tsp of raw honey or use more raisins or dates.